Sunday 20 September 2015

How safe is your Make up?!

Are you aware that Deadly diseases might be lurking in your make-up bag, as killer germs are discovered in beauty products. Lab test revealed that LIFE-THREATENING bacteria, including a strain that CAUSES MENINGITIS!! has been found in cosmetics. Four out-of-date products and one still in date were tested by Scientists at London Metropolitan University.
A safety warning was issued after all five came back as containing unsafe levels of potentially LETHAL BACTERIA. The germs discovered can cause everything from horrific stomach bugs to life-threatening diseases. One of the bugs – enterococcus faecalis – is a main cause of meningitis, which kills more children under five than any other infectious disease in the UK.
The old makeup also tested positive for the presence of these other bacteria:
Eubacterium, which is linked to bacterial vaginosis.
Aeromonas, a bacteria found in gastroenteritis and wound infections.
Staphlyoccocus epidermidis, a bug that is resistant to antibiotics.
Propionibacterium, which can cause acne and other skin conditions.
Enterobacter, which can lead to urinary and respiratory tract infections.
As a mother of two young children.. One only six months old these claims terrified me and made me go through my Make up collection and throw over half of it away! Now when I'm watching Bloggers/Vloggers proudly showing their make up collection it makes me feel sick about what horrible bacterias are lurking in their drawers!.. I LOVE Make up and as you all probably do, I collected way too much for little old me and hardly used most of it.. But my Childrens safety totally outweighed my love of a Two year old Chanel blush! 
Pregnant women and Mums with young children need to be aware that their make up could carry deadly bacterias that are seriously dangerous to their children!...
How old is your Make up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read & leave a comment on my post! I appreciate every one and I always take the time to reply, so please do check back, Jane x