Sunday 9 February 2014

Shiny (Un)happy People - Matte Pressed Powder.

No one likes a shiny face, me being one of them, meaning I am always on the look out for a great powder to combat the shine, over the years I have managed to have a VERY big collection of powders from High end to Drugstore.. These are the ones that I currently find myself reaching for! 


When it comes to your T-zone curb shiny skin and keep the attention on you for all the right reasons, Urban Decay relaunches their cult-favorite De-Slick Mattifying Powder. This lightweight pressed powder blots oil and stops shine without messing up your makeup.  Don't let the pale lavender colour fool you; this baby goes on invisibly and works on every skin tone. And unlike many powders, De-Slick leaves oily skin luminously shine-free and natural - never dull or cakey. Apply it to bare skin or use it over foundation to touch up throughout the day. This really is a great product, it will give you a good 9-10 hours shine free. Available for around £20.00


Bourjois Healthy Balance Compact Powder claims to give you a 10 hour matt radiant complexion. A unifying powder that evens out and boosts the radiance of your complexion whilst taking care of your skin.With Asian fruit therapy formula to restore balance to the skin: the Sharon fruit smoothes and moisturises dry areas, whilst Yuzu fruit absorbs excess shine. Its ultra fine, blendable texture provides a light and undetectable finish on skin. Includes a handy large mirror ideal for achieving the perfect make-up result!  This provides a good 6-8 hours of shine free in the summer but much longer in the colder months.. Available from Boots, Superdrug or any good store for around £8.99.


Corn Silk translucent pressed face powder* provides a subtle, natural, satin finish. Contains a unique, patented walnut ingredient to control shine for a longer lasting, fresh complexion. Balances skin tone without clogging pores.Suitable for all skin types. This powder really is great on oily skin, I first tried it in my Teens at school. It gives a lovely cover, only downside is the translucent transfers a little dark on my skin but it isn't really noticeable after I've applied my bronzer, This gives me a good 9-10 hours of shin free skin. Available for £8.16.


Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder controls shine for up to 12 hours. It minimises the appearance of pores with a natural, matte finish. You won't go out without it! Stay Matte feels lightweight. It glides on smoothly to provide even, natural-looking, long-wearing coverage that effectively conceals imperfections while revealing your natural flawless matte perfection. it is also free of fragrance, oils, 
parabens and talc, and because it won't clog pores, it's great for all skin types. I have used this powder for Years and always repurchase as for the price of £3.99 it is amazingly good, This easily gives me 10 + hours of shine free skin.


This silky, weightless finishing powder blends flawlessly to set makeup and cut shine - for a luminous, demi-matte Naked finish. Designed to be virtually invisible once applied, the high-tech, jet-milled powder has an insanely silky texture that feels amazing on your skin. Optical blurring pigments instantly minimize imperfections, diminish shine and create a stunning soft-focus effect that looks professionally retouched. Unlike powders that leave skin looking chalky or cakey, Naked Skin Finishing Powder gives you a radiant complexion and natural - looking Naked coverage. This powder is super soft and blends like a dream easily giving me 8-10 hours of perfect looking skin! Available for £22.00.

What's your HG Matte powder?


3 comments:

  1. I love Rimmel Stay Matte Powder! Would love to try all the other ones you talked about though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, have oily skin. I am always looking for a good matte powder. I want to try that urban decay powder next! Thanks for posting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Laura Geller Oil Control blotting powder. It's a white powder which I prefer but it doesn't make me look chalky. I use it every day even if I'm not wearing makeup xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read & leave a comment on my post! I appreciate every one and I always take the time to reply, so please do check back, Jane x