Wednesday 12 September 2012

Garnier, Lioele, Maybelline BB Creams... Which one?







 Garnier came out with a new BB Cream in their Miracle Skin Perfector range that is oil-free and aimed at oily & combination skin types. I've been wearing it for a few weeks and I thought I'd give you an initial impressions review. I was not a fan of the original Garnier BB Cream. It is very emollient and I found it never really set on my combination skin. I am pleased to say the Oil-free version is completely different, it gives a semi matte finish & gives your skin a natural glow. 

The texture of the Garnier Oil-free BB is very runny, not thick and creamy like the original. It is exceptionally easy to spread and doesn't set too quickly so you have time to work it.

When I first tested  Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream on my hand, I thought this BB cream would be super heavy and thick. But surprisingly when I used it - I realised that a little really goes a long way. A tiny little pea sized amount spreads like a dream across the skin providing excellent coverage. It doesn’t look ‘too pale’ like most BB creams and gives the complexion a healthy dewy finish. It doesn’t feel heavy or sticky on the skin. I think this BB cream is buildable but I have to say that it doesn’t look too great when applied with fingers. It looks best applied using a foundation brush. Would recommend this if you are looking for coverage for sure. 

The consistency of Maybelline Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream. is quite thin and is easily absorbed into the skin. I love the fact that the Maybelline BB cream contains SPF 30, I found the consistency to be thicker than I expected and was more like a foundation, quite similar to the original Garnier BB Cream, however it did feel lightweight on my skin. You only need to use a small amount of BB cream for your whole face, I found the coverage to be light to medium as it can be built up for extra coverage, I did need to use concealer for blemishes. The BB cream did gave a great natural fresh finish, without looking too much, it lasted on my combination skin for about 4-5 hours before becoming quite shiny and started to disappear. 



Jane

Xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read & leave a comment on my post! I appreciate every one and I always take the time to reply, so please do check back, Jane x